Google has released its “usage policies” for its Generative Artificial Intelligence (AI) services. It involves products such as Bard and seeking to prohibit activities such as the generation or distribution of information that is incorrect or intended to misinform.
The search giant admitted that generative AI models allow it to explore new topics, and inspire creators and citizens to learn new things. However, such use must be accompanied by good practices, responsible and legal use of the tools.
- Got any questions? BeInCrypto has a glossary so you can clear your doubts about the crypto world!
- Want to stay up to date on everything relevant in the crypto world? BeInCrypto has a Telegram community where you can read relevant news firsthand and chat with other cryptocurrency enthusiasts. Check out!
- You can also join our communities on twitterInstagram and Facebook.
Google has issued the following recommendations, while they are “prohibitive”, they can be binding and have consequences for not complying with the guidelines:
- Perform or facilitate dangerous, illegal or malicious activities;
- Facilitate or promote illegal activities or violations of law;
- Promote or generate content related to child sexual abuse or exploitation;
- Promote or facilitate the sale of or provide instructions for synthesizing or accessing illegal substances, goods or services;
- Facilitate or encourage users to commit any type of crime;
- Promoting or generating violent extremism or terrorist content;
- Abuse, harm, interfere with, or disrupt the Services (or allow others to do the same);
- Promote or facilitate the generation or distribution of spam;
- Generate content for deceptive or fraudulent activities, scams, phishing or malware;
- Attempts to bypass or bypass security filters or intentionally encourage the model to act in a way that violates our policies;
- Generation of content that may harm or promote harm to individuals or a group.
Google fights for the ChatGPT throne
In early February, Google unveiled its generative language model technology, dubbed “Bard”, labeling it as “cutting-edge technology”, which lagged behind the competition of OpenAI’s AI service, ChatGPT.
Google has a long history of working with AI and producing research in the field. However, until now, the company has not had a publicly available answer to the proliferation of language models like ChatGPT and DALL-E.
Among other things that Google will review and ban are:
- Facilitate harassment or intimidation methods to intimidate, abuse or insult others;
- Generate content that facilitates, promotes or incites violence or encourages self-harm;
- Generate personally identifiable information for distribution or other harm;
- Track or monitor people without their consent;
- Generate content that may have unfair or adverse impacts on people, particularly impacts related to sensitive or protected characteristics;
- Generate and distribute content intended to misinform, misrepresent or deceive, including;
- Misrepresenting the provenance of the Generated Content by claiming that the Content was created by a human being, or by representing the Generated Content as original works, in order to deceive;
- Generation of content that impersonates an individual (dead or alive) without explicit disclosure in order to mislead.
All information contained on our website is published in good faith and for general information purposes only. Any action you take based on information contained on our website is at your own risk.
Tags: Google releases usage policies Artificial Intelligence