36-year-old man dies after work accident at the bottom of Neves-Corvo mine

36-year-old man dies after work accident at the bottom of Neves-Corvo mine
36-year-old man dies after work accident at the bottom of Neves-Corvo mine

Mineiro “was transported as a seriously injured person, in cardiorespiratory arrest” to the Basic Emergency Service (SUB) of the Castro Verde Health Center.

The worker at the Neves-Corvo mine, in Castro Verde (Beja), who suffered a cardiorespiratory arrest on Friday night, in an incident at the bottom of the mine, ended up dying, revealed the company and the GNR.

The District Relief Operations Command (CDOS) of Beja told Lusa this morning that, after the accident, which took place at the bottom of the mine, the miner was still “transported as a seriously injured person, in cardiorespiratory arrest” to the Basic Emergency Service ( SUB) of the Castro Verde Health Center.

But a source from the GNR’s Beja Territorial Command revealed to Lusa that the 36-year-old man died.

According to Lusa reported this morning, citing the CDOS of Beja, a miner went into cardiac arrest after being run over by a freight elevator at a depth of 1,200 meters at the Neves-Corvo mine, in the municipality of Castro Verde.

At the time, CDOS also said that the man had been transported to the Castro Verde SUB.

In a statement sent this morning to Lusa, Somincor, the concessionaire of the Neves-Corvo mining complex, reported that the fatal victim was “a contractor’s worker”.

And, expressing regret for what happened, which it qualified as a “tragic incident”, the company limited itself to indicating that the same “occurred when the worker was operating mobile equipment at the bottom of the mine”.

Questioned by Lusa about the details of the incident and whether the worker was run over, a company source declined to provide further information.

“The incident [foi] registered last night [sexta-feira] during the development of our operation at the Neves-Corvo mine”, according to the company’s statement.

A source from the Authority for Working Conditions (ACT) also told Lusa today that a team from the local Litoral and Baixo Alentejo Unit of this organization was sent to the site “immediately, on Friday night, after knowing the accident at work” and is “carrying out inquiries.

The firefighters had the alert at 22:56 on Friday and the occurrence mobilized a total of six operatives, supported by three vehicles, including firefighters, GNR and the National Institute of Medical Emergency (INEM).


The article is in Portuguese

Tags: #36yearold man dies work accident bottom NevesCorvo

PREV results of today’s games, friday (02/12)
NEXT the Souq restaurant that tells the story of Qatar’s first great entrepreneur