Sonos, an audio specialist, presented its new smart columns, or Smart Speakers, this March. We are talking about the Sonos Era 300 and Era 100, which promise to be part of a new chapter in sound and design innovation.
The biggest highlight goes to the Era 300, built to deliver the ultimate spatial audio experience out loud with Dolby Atmos. Era 100 is a remaster of the best seller Sonos One.
This family of speakers is tuned by award-winning artists and engineers, and embraces Sonos’ new responsible design ideology with energy-efficient technologies and the use of post-consumer recycled materials.
The Era 300 is compact, yet boasts six powerful drivers that direct sound left, right, forward and up. Equipped with Dolby Atmos, it puts listeners at the center of your movies and music.
3 key points about the Sonos Era 300
- Designed for space: The Era 300 wraps its beautiful, complex acoustic architecture in an elegantly belted hourglass design, with every angle, proportion and perforation enhancing the direction and dispersion of sound to truly surround the user.
- Surreal surround sound: The Era 300 is the brand’s first speaker to provide multi-channel surround sound when used as a home theater. Movie buffs can pair two speakers with Arc or Beam (Gen 2) to create a great Dolby Atmos experience that draws them deeper into the action.
- Deep collaboration with the music industry: SONOS worked closely with its community of leading artists and creators – including members of the Sonos Soundboard – to meticulously tune the Era 300 so that listeners can enjoy sound straight from the studio, which is true to the artist’s intent.
As for the Era 100, it has all-new hardware and software, with next-generation acoustics and design that deliver detailed stereo sound and deep bass compared to its predecessor Sonos One.
3 key points about the Sonos Era 100
- Now in stereo: Two tweeters send crisp high frequencies left and right for a richer stereo experience, while a larger midwoofer creates astounding bass that is unexpected from a single compact speaker.
- Small but mighty: Packed with audio and technology enhancements, the Era 100’s sleek, modern design makes it a stylish addition to any bookshelf, kitchen counter, desk or nightstand.
- Customize your system: Boost your movie night by adding two Era 100 speakers along with your soundbar to create a surround sound system, or simply pair two together for room-filling stereo sound.
“The Era family is the next generation of smart speakers, which is our commitment to sonic innovation, responsible design and a deep connection to the creator community,” said Patrick Spence, CEO of SONOS.
Both the Era 100 and Era 300 feature an intuitive new user interface, including a new volume slider for simple control that complements quick and private control of your music with SONOS Voice Control, the Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2 and Bluetooth. All audio can be streamed over WiFi or Bluetooth, and directly connected to other audio devices using an aux cable and the Sonos Line-In Adapter.
You can even expand Trueplay to more listeners with the Era 100 and Era 300 microphone array. It optimizes sound for the unique acoustics of your space with just one tap in the Sonos app. It is available for Android and iOS users.
Sonos Era 300 and Era 100 pricing and availability
You will be able to buy both Era 300 and Era 100 worldwide from March 28, 2023. Era 300 will arrive in Portugal for €499. The Era 100 arrives in our country with a recommended price of €279.
4gnews editors recommend: